Mindy & Mike Morriss

Stats Stories and Updates Photos / Babies
Surgery Date Nov 2002
Tube lengths L 7 R7
Pregnancy 1 5/26/04
Pregnancy 2 12/18/05
Pregnancy 3 6/11/07



Welcome Noah Samuel

I just wanted to update my story!  Our 3rd reversal baby was born June 11, 2007.  He was 9 lbs. 14 oz.

October 2006

We would like to share our blessing!  We are expecting our 5th child and 3rd reversal baby! His or her due date is June 3rd.  We are very excited and are thanking God today!

Welcome Elijah Deron

Our new baby has arrived, a surprise 8 days early! He was born at 12:05 a.m. yesterday (12/18), and we LOVED our first homebirth! Our midwife barely made it--my labor and delivery were only 3 hours, start to finish!  But she was here, and everything went great. He weighed exactly 8 pounds and measured exactly 20 inches. I am feeling really good, and he is nursing very well. So, we're all very happy here!

Welcome Hannah Joy

Born May 26 2004 weighing 9 pounds, 9.6 ounces and 20" long.   Praise the Lord for a successful VBAC!! And in a real answer to prayer, her daddy was given special permission to stay on the phone in Iraq while I was pushing and while she was being born!! Her big brothers Christopher and Caleb couldn't be more proud!

November 2002

My husband and I flew to McAllen. We set out for Rio Bravo about 6 Saturday morning. We had absolutely no problems crossing the border. We did not get stopped or anything. I would reiterate the advice we read for crossing the bridge; stay in the far LEFT lane--this is for passenger cars. The right lane full of trucks will take hours! I think the toll going into Mexico was $2.50. We had very little trouble finding the hospital. I think the total trip took us about 40 minutes from hotel to hospital. We rented from Dollar Rent A Car at the McAllen Airport; their Mexican insurance is about $25/day. We got a great rate on a car from them online. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in McAllen, right by the airport; again, we got a great rate with them online. It is right by a big mall with lots of eating places.

When we got into the hospital, things were pretty busy! There were 2 other American couples there for TR surgery. Levi was very busy because they were also delivering 2 babies! I changed into a gown, and then after a bit, they came in to start my IV. A major word of advice to those of you flying--air travel dehydrates, and I was somewhat dehydrated! I had realized this after it was too late to eat or drink anything the night before. My veins are difficult to find anyway, and the dehydration made it worse! Everyone was very gentle and caring, though, and we eventually got it in. After that, we basically just waited and rested. I read and my hubby napped while we waited. The other lady had her surgery, which involved a lot of reconstruction, and at least one baby was delivered. Eventually Levi came and I was taken to surgery about 2:00.

It went as others have said...I got on the table and turned to my side to prepare for the epidural, and then Levi mercifully came and put the "knock out juice" into my IV, and I blissfully slept through the epidural and catheter being put in. After that, I woke up just as they were starting the surgery and asked for my husband, who they brought to my side. From then on, I was mostly awake. I was so glad to be awake! I felt like I did when I had my last child by c-section. I just laid there, praising God that I was even that moment being made whole again! It was wonderful to share that with my husband--a very special time. He was able to "report" to me what Dr. Perez and Levi were doing. We had even borrowed the other couple's digital camera, so my hubby kept taking pictures and then showing them to me so I could "see" what was going on! He said that Dr. Perez and Levi worked together like clockwork--a perfect team. The anesthesiologist could not have been more kind. The surgery itself was a very joyful, happy time for me that I will always treasure.

After the surgery, I was taken back to my room, and I just rested. I never got to talk to Dr. Perez, but my husband did, and he was very impressed with him and just really liked him. Levi was as wonderful as everyone has claimed though, and very considerate and caring. My IV and catheter stayed in overnight. I would definitely recommend that those who don't know Spanish learn the words for "pain" and "medicine" for the overnight hours! Levi and Dr. Perez are of course not there overnight, and the nurses do not speak English! They could not have been more kind, though.

The next day, after my IV and catheter were removed, I was able to get up and around more and more as the hours passed, and we left the hospital about 1 in the afternoon. In Rio Bravo, my husband found a great little place for Carne Asada Tacos--an outdoor stand--they were fantastic! He went looking for some good food while I was in the hospital. The hospital folks can direct you to this. We then went back to McAllen...spent about 30 minutes waiting in line to get back over the border. I think the toll was $1.95 going back. We again were not searched or stopped. We stayed in McAllen until Tuesday, resting up, and then flew home.

Our whole experience was wonderful. I would definitely recommend going down there to anyone, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Levi said that my tubes were in great shape, no reconstruction was necessary, and I have about 7 cm on each side. I am young--28--so he said that my chances are very high that I will conceive. But we all know Who is REALLY in charge of that!

Mindy Morriss


Noah Samuel

Elijah Deron

Hannah Joy