Shawn & Angel Overturff

Stats Stories and Updates Photos / Babies


Surgery Date Feb 20, 2002
Ligation Dec 06, 1994
Tube length  L R
Pregnancy 1 It's a boy!  Jan 7, 03
Pregnancy 2 It's a Girl! Aug 15, 04
Pregnancy 3 It's a boy! Dec 16, 06
Pregnancy 4 mc





Welcome Kalen Shawn

We would like to add our newest reversal baby's name to our testimony. He was born December 16, 2006,  weighing 11 lbs. 3 oz. and 22 inches long.  This is our third reversal baby.

Welcome Emily May

Welcomed into the world August 15, 2004 at 9:20 am, weighing in at 8 lbs and 14 oz and measuring 21 1/2 inches long.
  Thank you, Lord!

Welcome Torin Seaburn

Our beautiful baby boy was welcomed into this world Jan. 7,2003 at 10:51 am, weighing 9 lbs. 9 oz. , length 21 and 3\4 in. He is our first reversal baby but not the last.   Thank you, Lord!

February 2002

We arrived in Pharr, Texas a day prior to my surgery. We wanted to go and talk to Dr. Perez and see the hospital before my surgery. We stayed at the Country Hearth Inn and it was wonderful there. We left at 3:00 pm to go to Rio Bravo. Not at anytime did we have to wait for more than 10 minutes to get through the border. They even checked our vehicle once. It cost us 1.50 to go into Mexico and 2.20 to get out. We packed an ice chest for our trip full of sandwich stuff so we could munch on the way and not have to stop often. I would NOT recommend anyone going alone, you WILL need help. I met with Dr. Perez the day before and asked all of my questions and he answered them.

The day of surgery, they came in and put me in a wheelchair and took me to surgery. I was not sure where I was going but found out real fast when I saw Dr. Perez in his scrubs. I tried to ask the anesthesiologist about my husband but he did not understand. I was getting a little worried until Dr. Perez walked in and assured me he was going to get him in just a few minutes. I laid down on the table and the anesthesiologist started administering the medication through the IV, and before I was totally out he had me turn on my side and get into a fetal position for the epidural and I was out. They put the catheter in after I was out. Each time I woke up I spoke to my husband and each time they would just give me a little more medicine in the IV and I would go right back out. They have music on in the operating room. They made sure to show my husband all that they were doing. When I woke after the surgery I was in my room. I was never in any bad pain. They left the epidural in until that night around 8 pm and I was glad, it kept me comfortable all day.

The hospital is very clean. We recommend you bring videos from home. Our TV. had a built in VCR. They do have about four stations that are English speaking with sub titles but the rest are totally Spanish speaking. We also highly recommend learning certain words like ... hungry, shower, pain, food, blankets, pillows, patient, etc in Spanish.


***Added by husband***

I just wanted to add some things to what my wife wrote....

First, my wife was severely apprehensive about the epidural since she had never had one, but she has had no side affects and she seems grateful to have had one. She was already "out" when the did it and it never caused any discomfort. 

If I remember right, Levi said he was only available certain days. He came in around mid-day after the surgery. I had him rolling with laughter, griping about filling out ALL those traveler's checks with Dr. Perez' wife LONG name.<grin> He also said the nurses are taking English lessons.

When I went in to the operating room, the incision was already made, it was about 3 inches long. Angel was awake and she said (groggily) "I don't want to be awake when they start". I thought "Uh, too late" lol. But obviously she didn't feel a thing. He kept injecting a litter medicine at a time (about 5-10 min. worth) when she would come awake. I asked Dr. Perez how many women wanted to "not be awake" during the surgery and he laughed and said "all of them"

One thing he did that I thought was special was to bring me around to the side (up close) for each completed tube and display his work to me so I could sort of "confirm" that the tubes were indeed whole again. Very thoughtful.