John and Lisa Heuerman


September  2003


Tubal reversal  Sep 6, 2003

Pregnancy #1 edd

Baby Girl born Jan 6, 2005






Cheyenne Faith Heuermann

was born via c-section on Jan. 6th, 2005 at 8:22am.   She weighed 7lbs 12oz and was 19 1/2 in. long. 

She's just beautiful and such a good baby.  She was born on her daddy's birthday and delivered by the doctor that delivered him 34 yrs ago.  Thank you for all the prayers for a safe delivery.
Thanks, John and Lisa Heuermann

May 2004 - Update!

We just found out that we're pregnant!!! We're so excited. I had my reversal on Sept. 6, 2003. This is one of the best mother's day gifts I could have received.

John and Lisa Heinemann

September 2003

We flew to McAllen from Houston Sept. 5th and stayed in The Residence Inn. At 6am, on the 6th, Aimee picked us up and took us in to Rio Bravo. It was such a comfort to have Aimee drive us an not have to worry about finding it ourselves, plus she took us in and found the nurse and helped us fill out the papers before she left.

Then the nurse came in to put the I.V. in, it was uncomfortable but she got it on the first try, it did slip out a little after surgery and they had to push it back in but that was the only pain I experienced during the whole surgery process. Dr Levy came in about 7am and asked about allergies and previous surgeries and said they'd do surgery about 10 am. S o, while we waited I read and John went outside and filmed the Hosp. and looked around the town. Sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 am, the nurse came to wheel me in to surgery. I saw the cross everyone speaks of above the door and Dr. Moreno introduced himself and said he was going to put something to make me sleepy in my I.V. and then they rolled me over to do the epidural. The worst part of that was the stuff they wipe your back with, it was cold, then I felt a small pinch and that was it. The sleepy stuff never made me sleepy though so I was awake during the entire surgery. I didn't feel anything, just slight pressure or a little tugging.

Dr Moreno talked during the whole surgery, they joked and laughed, of course it was all in Spanish so I don't know what they said, except when they talked to John in English. When they were finished they called John over to see the tubes and John ask if everything looked good and Dr Perez said no ~ it looked excellent! Then it was over and I was wheeled back to the room where they brought John some lunch and I dozed.

Dr. Levy came in later that afternoon and brought the paper work and explained every thing and stayed and just talked for a while. John ask if we could leave as soon as was safely possible and he said we could go first thing in the morning and he said he'd call Aimee for us. He also offered to move us to the room across the hall because it had a vcr, which I thought was very sweet of them. Then that evening they brought John and I both supper, and the food was very good.

At 6:45 the next morning Aimee picked us up and took us back to the hotel where we both crashed till noon, because neither of us slept well at the hospital, it was comfortable but still a hospital.

We had a very good experience, the Dr's and nurses go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. It was very clean and pleasant.

Some of the things I'd agree with everyone else on bringing are support panties, the bandage tends to slip and slide if you move or walk a lot and is impossible to get back on if you take it off. Also cold bottled water, they bring a pitcher of water to the room but it didn't have ice and was lukewarm. They did bring food at every meal and we had plenty of blankets and pillows.

We paid $1850 and I have 5cm on the left and 6cm on the right. We had a great experience and I'd recommend Rio Bravo and Dr's Perez and Levy to anyone.

John and Lisa Heuermann


back to stories