Sylvia & Gilberto  Maldanado



March  2003


Tubal reversal  Mar 29, 2003





March 2003

Hello, everyone . I just wanted to share my experience with you all. On my journey to Rio Bravo, Mexico, my nephew and I left Corsicana, Texas at 6:00 a.m. March 29, 2003, and we arrived in Corpus Christi at 12:00 p.m. to visit my brother for a few hours. We left Corpus Christi at 3:00p.m. and we arrived at Pharr bridge about 5:30 p.m. We crossed over the bridge and got to the Hospital at 6:00 p.m. I was greeted by a nurse, I don't remember her name but she was a really nice girl. I let her know who I was and she told me to fill out my paper work, and then she took me to my room and prepped me.

Dr. Levi came in a short time later. He speaks really good English ~ I speak Spanish and English. I gave him my report from the TL doctor, and he read it and said that everything would go smooth. The nurse put my iv in. Levi gave me my green hat to put my hair up and my green slippers to cover my feet. He told me to get into the wheelchair and wheeled me to the OR. I had to see Dr. Perez before the surgery, and I asked Dr. Levi where he was, and he pointed to him. I felt better after that. Dr. Levi told me to get on the bed and this other doctor told me to get into a fetal position and another assistant was putting loco juice in my iv. I looked up over the door and there was the cross. I was kind of scared and I started praying and crying, and the next thing I knew I was out. I went in the OR at 7:00 p.m. and was taken back to my room at 9:00p.m. I woke up when the took me back to my room. I couldn't feel my legs, but I sure could feel the pain in my stomach. They left the epidural in my back.

I talked to Dr. Levi right after the surgery and he said that everything went well and that I had a cyst on each ovary and that they had removed them. He said that I had 3cm on right side and 4cm on left. He gave me a 50/50 chance. I am happy with that. God has the last word anyway. I would wake up during the night in pain. I would call for a nurse and she would give me something for the pain. The hospital is very clean. The floors are very shiny. We woke up at 8:00 a.m and they brought us breakfast. I showered after that and was up and about, but in lots of pain.

About 10:00 am they took the tube out of my back and at 12:00 p.m. we were served lunch, and it was very good. I was ready to go home and I asked Dr. Levi if I could leave, and he said that I could. At 2:00 p.m. I was discharged. We left the hospital and we got to the bridge and left Mexico at 3:00 p.m. I drove all the way to Mexico and I drove all the way home but the last 2 hours. We got to Corsicana at 12:30 a.m. and I was happy to see my husband and my 4 beautiful children. My husband took out my stitches 2 weeks later.

It is now October 2003 and I have faith that we will conceive soon. Dr. Perez is a very good doctor. I will recommend him highly. He can only do what is humanly possible. He has given me a chance to conceive again. Dr. Levi too is a good person, he is the assistant surgeon to Dr. Perez.

I want to say thank you to all of the staff at the hospital. We were treated really great!

Sylvia M



back to stories