Sheryl Davis


February 2004


Tubal reversal  Feb 15, 2004





February 2004

I am now 10 days post-op. I took my stitches out this morning. The incision looks great. I am feeling as if I never had surgery. The soreness is gone. I thank God for his healing powers. God bless you all.

Our trip began on Feb. 12, 2004. We missed our 6:30 am flight out of Raleigh-Durham. We had to be on standby the remainder of the trip down to McAllen. By the grace of God, there were seats available on each of the flights. We arrived into McAllen at 3:45 pm CST. Aimee and Joe were there to pick us up*. We arrived at the hospital at 4:15 pm. We were escorted into room 1. Joe helped me fill out the paper work and a few minutes later 2 nurses appeared.

Nurse Rosalee and her assistant searched both of my arms for veins, but none were to be found. By the grace of God, in walked Dr. Levi and I was too happy to see him. He ended up sticking my twice, but he apologized. I have hard to find veins and they are so tiny. Dr. Levi took my medical history and told me that my surgery will be done at 7:30 pm that night. He left the room and my husband and I took a much needed nap.

At 7:15 pm, they came to get me for surgery via wheelchair. I was taken to the small, but clean OR and assisted onto the bed. As I was lying down, I saw the cross hanging over the door and right then I knew I was in God's hands. Dr. Moreno helped me to turn on my side to insert my epidural. My husband told me that I was stuck several times, but I did not feel it. Dr. Moreno was so kind and gentle. Hubby began taking pictures and asking questions. Before I knew it, one tube had been done. Dr. Levi and Dr. Perez were truly professional the entire surgery. I was awake most of the time. I remember asking how much tube did I have to work with and Dr. Levi answered "It's up to your husband because you have 6 cm on each side and no scar tissue at all". I praised God for that. My husband was also amazed to the fact that they cut a 2cm by 2cm cyst from one of my tubes. They even put it in a jar for me.

Once the surgery was over, I was taken back to my room to recover. I was back in my room by 9:15 pm. I remained numb from the waist down. Felt really weird. I noticed that sensation began to come back by 2 am. I got out the bed and walked around while hubby slept. While walking, I met Lisa and one of her friends. We talked for a while, then I went back to bed. The next day, my epidural and IV were taken out at 4:30 pm. I am a nurse so I took out my own catheter. Dr. Levi came by to discharge me at 5 pm. He told me that I was doing really well. He called Aimee and Joe for me and they arrived to pick us up at 7:30 pm.

I highly recommend Dr. Perez, Dr. Levi, and Dr. Moreno. They truly love what they do. May God continue to bless them. May God also bless the nurses Rosalee, Nancy and Norma as well.

Sheryl Davis

*While Joe and Amiee are very nice people, we were overcharged for the services. ($155 - no shopping or stopping included)


back to stories