Sylvia Diaz



June  2004


Tubal ligation Nov 1997

Tubal reversal  June 1, 2004

Pregnancy #1 edd Aug 05





March 2005

Just wanted to share with everyone my wonderful news. I had my reversal with Dr. Perez on 6/04, and I'm going to be blessed with having a baby.  I'm 15 weeks pregnant.  I had an ultrasound to R/O an ectopic pregnancy and I'm happy to say that the baby is where it should be. I'm so thankful to the lord for his blessings and thankful for the lord in leading us into the path of Dr. Perez, Levi and staff. Thank you all. My family and I will be forever grateful.

God Bless, 
Sylvia Diaz

TL 11/97
TR 6/04
Due Date 8/05

June 2004

Our journey to Rio Bravo started on June 1,2004. My husband and flew from Phoenix, AZ to Austin, then from Austin to Harlingen, TX.  Fanny picked us up about an hour after we landed because she was picking up two ladies from McAllen airport. We drove about an 1 1/2 until we arrived at the hospital.

We got to the hospital about 4 pm and my surgery was scheduled for 7 pm that evening. As soon as I entered the hospital I noticed how clean it was. We met Dr. Levi and he informed us that the hospital was full at that time and they didn't have any rooms available but that he would get us a room as soon as possible. We sat in the waiting room for 3 1/2 hours, but we did not mind because we were so excited that I was only hours away from my surgery. Dr. Levi called us in to the pre-op area where I was hooked up to the IV. Minutes later I was wheeled into the surgery room. All I remember is the anesthesiologist telling me to curl up to inject the epidural. I woke up in the middle of the surgery and felt the presence of the Lord watching over me. I was also thankful that my husband was allowed to be at my side the entire time. After the surgery we were taken to this clean and cozy room. I slept peacefully until the next morning.

Dr. Levi came in to check on me several times. He let us know that I had about an 80% chance which is great news for us. The rest is in the Lords hands. Dr. Perez came in my room briefly to check on me which was great because I did not think I would have the pleasure of meeting him because he is so busy. Dr. Levi came in to give us the discharge instructions because "we" wanted to make our room available for someone else. Fanny picked us up about noon and drove us back to Harlingen where we rented a hotel close to the airport. I was uncomfortable for the fist 16 hours, but it gets better everyday.

My overall experience was excellent!!  Everyone was extremely sweet. Hospital was very clean and food was great. Thanks again to Dr. Perez, Dr. Levi, Dr. Moreno, nurses and Fanny. I would also like to thank Kathy T who helped me with questions I had before the trip.

God Bless You All!

Sylvia Diaz

TL 11/97
TR. 6/04


back to stories