Denise & Jim Johnson


March  2004


Tubal reversal  Mar 20, 2004





March 2004

Jim and I just had our 3rd marriage anniversary the 17 of March. About 6 months ago we started talking about maybe having another child. Then 4 years ago I had a tubal ligation after a planned c-section with my last child. Like most families, we can afford another child, it's just the process of having your child that is costly. So I started looking on line and someone found Blessed Arrows for us. That is where I found a loving beginning to this journey. I was amazed to learn about Dr. Perez. I had an appointment to meet with another reversal doctor. Finding and learning so much more about Dr. Perez. I decided to look into him more. So I talked to a couple ladies and prayed hard about this and it was simple Dr. Perez was the Dr. that God had lead me to.

So our trip started March 19 2004 at 6:30 in the morning. We got into my husband little car to head to Louisville, Ky. We got to the airport and there was no line. We waited about 15 minutes for our flight and we were off. We got to Houston airport about 11:30 am then we ran to our next flight. We got there just in time. We got to McAllen around 1 p.m. and Fanny was waiting for us and I did not know what she looked like but she asked us if were the Johnson's. She took us right over to Dr. Levi hospital and got us in out room. We did the paper work and she said the nurses would come in and do the IV later. She drops us off at the hospital around 2:30 p.m. and about 6:30 Dr. Levi came in and asked some questions and stated that the nurses would be in to start my IV. The nurse had fun finding my blood vessel but after she found it only took one stick.

It was then 7 p.m. and Dr. Levi wheel chaired me to the op room. I was scared about everything. I don't remember acting like that before but the medicine that they give you before the epidural makes you not feel it go in. The surgery took 2 hours to almost the minute. And my husband Jim was there for the most part of it. I got back to the room and was in pain for the first 12 hours pretty bad. Then after that I started improving. I walked outside the hospital and and around the hospital.

The nurses were great. I was really scared about the nurses that they would not understand me. But they work really hard to understand as we did to understand them. We stayed at the hospital until March 21 at 6:00 a.m. that is when Fanny picked us up. We got to the airport and we had to wait 2 hours for our flight. We got home around 2 p.m. and I went straight to bed and woke up the next morning whole for the first time in almost 5 years.

Dr. Levi and his staff are great. I did not ever met Dr. Perez. I did tell him in the surgery room that I was honored that he was doing my surgery. IF I had to do it again, I would. Dr. Levi is great with the couples and he makes you feel good about yourself. I have 4 cm on both sides, And healthy tubes and uterus. Please pray for our family to grow!

Denise Johnson

P.S. My HUSBAND has been amazing through all this. He is my rock and I'm so glad to have this experience with him. I Love You Jim


back to stories