Meredith Roe



June  2004


Tubal ligation  Jan 9, 1996

Tubal reversal  June 2, 2004

Pregnancy #1 edd





November 2004

For encouragement of others: I went to Mexico not knowing what all was in my report on my TL. I tried to get my records but they said they lost them.  I went anyways and was sad when Dr. Levi told me that I only had one tube left. My left tube was so badly scarred and it collapsed so they were afraid if they left it in I would have one ectopic pregnancy after another.  My right tube had scarring and they were only able to save 2-3 cm of it.

I am now 9 weeks pregnant and have had one ultrasound, so far everything is ok. It was not up to the doctors. It was God that gave it to me. It is hard to always trust but I did the best I could and my husband was strong in that area for me when I could not be. I hope this helps. I guess just remember that if God is calling you to have this done then following His will is the only thing that you should do. After that He will lead you down what road he has for you if you are open to it.

Take care and God Bless,

God Bless, Meredith

LT (removed) RT 2-3cm

November 2004

I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive!! I called the doctor and talked to the nurse about some pains I had been having in my right tube ~ I only have one tube left, so I was worried about a tubal pregnancy. She told me that I could go to the ER to have an ultrasound done to see if it was tubal or not. They did blood work and a urine test. Once that was done the Doc came back and said that my HCG level was 35,000 which was high and right on target with 8 weeks pg. I was shocked to hear that I was already two month along, but they needed to make sure it was not in the tube so they did a vaginal ultrasound. The tech saw my left ovary then my right, and then there it was the BABY!!! It is not in the tube it is where it is supposed to be and by the two measurements that she got, the BABY is between 6 and 8 weeks. My due date is around June 27th 2005. Praise JESUS! I was so worried and I know that I should not have worried, I just could not help myself. What they told me about the pains I was having was that I have a cyst on my right ovary. He said it is nothing to worry about and that it will eventually rupture then just disappear. So I am going to follow up with OB and I will keep you all posted. Thank you for your devoted prayers for me. You are truly a gift to me from God.


June 2004

I left Ohio on June 1st 2004 to fly to McAllen. I met up with my reversal buddie Nancy G. at the Houston Airport and then we flew together from there. Once at the airport we met Fanny. She was waiting for us. She was very nice and very helpful for us. We headed to another airport to pick up another couple scheduled for that evening. Once we left there we headed to the Clinic. We arrived there to find that they were very busy. Dr. Levi was called and informed that we were waiting for him. He arrived and told us that they did not have any beds for us that night but had Fanny take us to a very nice hotel in Mexico just minutes from the Clinic. We were picked up at the hotel around 7:30am on the 2nd and then once we arrived I was taken straight to the room to get ready. They were ready for me. I was a little nervous but I was in constant prayer all evening before and the morning of.

I was taken into the OR and there I met Dr. Moreno. He was there along with a nurse who started my IV. They asked to get on the table and I saw the beautiful cross above the doors to the OR. It was a very calming feeling. I was given a little medicine in my IV then they asked me to roll over on my side and curl up. I felt the Epidural go in but it was not painful. Once that was done I started to feel woozy so to speak. I must have fell asleep. I remember waking up a few times during my surgery and asking Dr. Moreno how it was going. He was so sweet because every time I woke he touched my face as if to say it is OK. I also remember asking Dr. Levi how it was going and he said good, that they were starting on my right side. I woke up a few more times but not for long. After surgery I was taken back to the room I was in at first and left there to rest a little while. Nancy was there waiting for her turn. She was talking to me and she said that I told her I was wide awake then I passed out...hehehe!!

After I was in my room I just rested. I was having some pain and each time I asked for pain medicine I was given it. I never had to wait for anything. The doctors and the staff were great. My room was nice...although I could not get anything other than Spanish TV. Nancy said she had American TV but I could not get it in my room, but that was OK, when I was awake enough I read my book I took with me. I had pictures of my children and husband with me that I looked at often. I missed them but I knew they were praying for me. I called once to ask to speak to DR. Levi and they paged him. I told him I really wanted my Epidural and Catheter out and he said ok..this was about 8 or 9pm that night. I got up after that I moved around. I felt good for a while then I rested some more.

My experience was good in Mexico. I had wonderful nurses and doctors. I met Dr. Perez right before I left and he said if I needed him to just call. I went through a lot after leaving the hospital...but I would not change what I did for anything. My whole experience was an eye opener to me in more ways than one. God was merciful and for that I am grateful. As far as my specs of the surgery. I only have one tube left. My left side was terribly scarred and collapsed. Dr. Levi said that if he would have left it in I would have ended up having one tubal pregnancy after another. I know they did what they could for me. He said not to worry that I only need one tube to get pregnant. My right tube is in good shape and is 4-5 cm long. I am grateful for this place and all the people there. My husband could not be with me there in body but he was there with my in spirit and in my heart. I was blessed when I met him 2 yrs ago and God has done so much blessing to us ever since we met. He is so pleased with how well they did what they could and he is happy to have me home again. He is so excited about having children together and I pray that God will bless us in this area as well. Either way I went because I feel God led me to go. I am following His lead because there is no other and no better. God Bless

Mrs. Meredith Ellen Roe
TL 1/9/1996
TR 6/2/2004
LT 0 (removed)
RT 4-5


back to stories