Jamy and Mitch Whitaker


September  2005


Tubal reversal 

Sep 3, 2005


Pregnancy #1

It's a Boy!  8/05/06


6-7 cm each






Quintin Whitaker

It is hard to believe that a year ago my husband and I were on a plane on our way to Rio Bravo and now I am holding our new baby. Our little miracle arrived on August 5th. Quintin came into the world weighing 7lbs. 14 oz. and 21 inches long with lots of hair. He is absolutely adorable. We couldn't be happier. The Lord has truly blessed our family. We are so thankful for the doctors and nurses at Rio Bravo that helped to make this possible.

Mitch and Jamy Whitaker


Dec 2005

We are so excited and thought we would let everyone know that we are expecting. The baby is due August 18, 2006.  Mitch and I are still in shock that it happened so quickly.  The Lord has truly blessed us. Our other three kids are so excited about the new addition already. We will be sure to keep everyone up to date.

Sept 2005

The testimonies from everyone that has posted meant so much to me before my husband and I made the final decision to go to Rio Bravo.  They helped answer several of my questions, as well as ease my anxiety.  I hope that my testimony will be helpful to someone.  To be honest, as I read the various testimonies I didnít think everything could be as good as it was being described.  Boy, was I wrong. Rio Bravo, the physicians and staff went far beyond my greatest expectations!

My journey began several months ago. My husband and I longed to have a child together, so we started looking into a reversal. In my initial search several doctors came up all across the country, as well as, a doctor in Mexico. The cost difference was staggering. Like many, my husband and I were leery because it was in Mexico. However, through lots of prayer it seemed like the Lord was leading us in this direction. After more research on this site, as well as others we decided to make the call. My husband called and talked to Dr. Levi and scheduled the appointment for 2 weeks. The time seemed to fly by and before I knew it my husband and I were on a plane in Indianapolis headed for McAllen.  Marcos met us and two other couples at the airport to take us across the border to Rio Bravo. He was so friendly and eager to answer any and all of our questions.  He also helped us fill out the paperwork as soon as we arrived. This was very helpful since neither my husband nor I spoke Spanish.

I was taken down the hall to Room #1. The room was not what I expected. It was much bigger than others had stated. The main room had the hospital bed, as well as, a cot for my husband and a tv/vcr combo. The next area was a sitting area, with two chairs, a loveseat and a table. Then there was the bathroom. All of the floors were tile and everything looked and smelled clean. It was a very peaceful setting.

Dr. Levi came in shortly after our arrival and took my medical history and answered all of our questions. He was so nice and easy to talk to. It helped to give me a peace about the entire procedure. He told me that I would have my surgery first thing on Saturday morning. So, my husband and I took the opportunity to get out and walk around a little while. The area around the hospital is very nice and quiet. The next morning I awoke to hear the sound of a new baby crying. It seemed so fitting. The nurse came in and took me down to the operating room. My husband was told he needed to wait. As soon as I got into the operating room I immediately looked for the cross and there it was right above the door. I laid down on the table and Dr. Moreno administered the ďsleepyĒ medicine in my IV. The next thing I remember is seeing my husband standing by the doctors waving. He came and took my hand. I was fairly aware during the entire surgery. I remember Dr. Levi telling my husband that they were going to give me an 8-pack. Boy, did my abs need that! My husband asked how everything looked and the length of my tubes. Dr. Levi said everything looked great and I have 6-7 cm on each side. Now it was all up to him. I was thrilled to hear that my tubes were that long. He gave us an 80% chance of getting pregnant. It was a dream come true.

The nursing staff was wonderful. They were all so sweet and caring. It is rare to get that kind of care in the States. Each one seemed to go out of her way to make certain that we had everything we needed and that I was comfortable. Speaking of which, they made certain to feed not only me, but also my husband. I will say that the time we were there we ate really well. 

Marcos arrived around noon on Sunday to take us back to the airport. I would definitely recommend having Marcos take you to and from the airport. He not only knows the area, but also the ins and outs of crossing the border (stay to the right). The flight home went fairly well. I would recommend that you have a wheelchair waiting for you at the gates. I donít know how I would have gotten around the Dallas airport without one.

 This was such a wonderful experience. The physicians and staff are definitely a blessing to so many and I thank the Lord for them and all that they do.  Right now my husband and I are simply waiting until we can start trying to conceive. We put our future in Godís hands as to whether He chooses to bless us with a baby.  We both feel that another addition is in our future. I will be certain to keep everyone informed.

Jamy and Mitch Whitaker

back to stories