Juanita and Gilbert Rodriguez



March 2006


Tubal ligation


Tubal reversal

Mar 23, 2006


6-7 cm left

0 cm right




April 2006

Well first I have to say that I am very thankful to all of my TR (pre & post) sisters for being there for me.  A big thanks to Kathy T., for always having the right words. And an even bigger thanks to Dr. Perez and Dr. Levi for all of their compassion and dedication to us all. With out them or this website I would’ve been lost in the world, not knowing what I would be missing out on. I am glad to be here and to have found what I have so much been searching for….family, friends, WHOLENESS!!!

Well, here is my testimony: We had been vacationing the week before in San Antonio, and Corpus Christi. We arrived in Rio Bravo on Thursday March 23, 2006. Shortly after 4pm, I checked in with the nurse and they took us into room 2.  The nurses came in and we filled out the paperwork, and then they started the IV.  It was then a waiting game after that so we just laid down and watched TV and took a nap for a couple of hours. Then before you know it Dr. Levi came in and did his thing; you know med history and so forth. He then escorted us to the OR.  He took my hubby to change and I went into the OR. They had me get ion the table and I immediately looked for the CROSS, that I had heard so much about. THERE IT WAS!  After that my mind really was put at ease. Then a much younger Dr. put in the “sleepy meds”, and Dr. Moreno came in to put in the EPIDURAL. I was in and out through out the whole procedure, and my DH was there with me the whole time. I do remember saying “I can feel myself moving”, and Dr. Levi saying “Stop trying to MOVE!”. Well, I guess I WAS the one moving my self back and forth at the time, OOPS!! My DH said that when I would go out that I would SNORE!  DH said that the surgery only took about 1-1/2 hours, because they could only repair my left tube.

Once we got back in the room Dr. Levi came in and explained that only the left tube was repairable and that the right tube’s fimbrial end was removed by the Dr. that did the TL, I was only left with 2cm from the TL on the right side, so they were unable to repair the right side. But, I was left with 6-7cm on the left side, after the TR.

I hadn’t eaten anything all day since 9am and it is around 11pm, they brought me some broth, jello, and this YUMMY apple juice. Through out the night I was in mild discomfort, and was giving myself the meds that they left for self-administer. I do remember that I woke and couldn’t get back to sleep; I told the nurse and she came back with something to put in my IV, and I was asleep!  The next morning breakfast came: pancakes, papaya, and YUMMY apple juice! Dr. Perez and the younger Dr. came in to check on me, which I was so glad to get to meet him, because I don’t remember seeing him in the surgery room. He asked if we had something to eat, how I was feeling, and if I had any questions. He then said that I will get my IV, epidural and catheter removed this morning, so that I can get up and get walking. It was a bit tough at first to walk, but overall it wasn’t bad. What was BAD was my DH making me laugh!!!! He can’t help it though, he loves making me laugh, and he is a pretty good comedian too! Lunch came- Tuna Torta (sandwich)! YUMMY! Then Dr. Levi came in to see how I was doing, and give post-op instructions.

We went to Nuevo Progresso once I was released and let me tell you, I really over did myself! I could hardly get around, and was in quite a bit of discomfort, vendors even asked me if I was OK and do I need an ambulance?


We stayed in Pharr, Tx. that night and left home the next day! We had about an 18 hour drive! We made stops and overall I was ok. I would still recommend flying, or at least making sure that you have a car with comfy seats, or a place to lie down.  I went back to work a week later and was feeling at about 75 %. Two weeks after the surgery I was feeling at about 100%!

We are really glad that we made the decision to have our surgery performed by Dr. Perez and Dr. Levi. May God Bless Them Always.

Just to let you know we did not drive ourselves to the hospital, my stp-dad drove us, as he is familiar with driving in Mexico.



My husband wanted to say:

I must admit that at first I was a bit hesitant to travel to Mexico to have a SURGERY done. But, after going through the experience I would GLADLY recommend it to anyone wanting to go through this procedure. I have never been treated with so much respect and hospitality from Dr.’s and nurses.

Thank you everyone, especially Dr. Levi and Dr. Perez, for making our stay comfortable and for taking care of what we can only hope is a miracle to come!

Thank you,

Gilbert Rodriguez

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow’s a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present!


back to stories