Angela Brown

Stats Story Photos
Reversal 12/18/09
Lengths L 7 R 7
Preg 1 It's a Boy!
Preg 2  



Welcome Toby Luke

We welcomed our first TR baby on Feb 5th 2011. We had a baby boy, he weighed 6 lbs and 15 oz and was 19.2 inches long. He is a healthy, happy baby boy. We couldn't be happier with our new addition. Thanks to everyone at Rio Bravo for making our dream come true.

August 2010

Hi my name is Angela Brown I had my tubal reversal done in Dec of 2009. I just wanted to update everyone and let them know that we are expecting our first TR baby. The baby is due Feb 19 2011 and we couldn't be happier. Thank you Rio Bravo.

Dec 2009

Well I am back home. So I thought I would post my TR story and let you guys know how everything went. Well we got to McAllen at 10:30 on Wed night the plane was about 15min late. But the shuttle was waiting for us outside the airport he did seem a little upset that the plane was late. But he took us straight to the hospital with out a problem. We got signed in and about an hour later Dr. Levi came by to check on me and see if I had a questions he was very nice and patient with me and answered all of my questions. He said the nurses would be in at about 6am to start my IV and get me ready for surgery the next morning. The room was very large and comfortable. The nurses were very nice none of them speak English so it helps if you have someone with you that can speak Spanish.

The next morning they came in and started my IV about 6am then around 8am they came and got me for surgery. They wheeled me into the surgery area put something in my IV and I was out I don't even remember the epidural. I did wake up about half way through the surgery I couldn't feel anything but I went right back to sleep and before I knew it I was back in my room. The doctor came in and told me the surgery went well that I had 7cm on both sides yaaahooo and that there was not much scar tissue from the tubal ligation and that everything went very well. I paid him at that point. I did have to pay the extra $200 for sedation but it was worth it. I was just so happy that there was 7cm on both sides it was so great to hear.

The nurses came in and checked on me every little bit to give me antibiotics in my IV and see if I needed anything. I was a little painful after surgery but not to bad. Dr. Levi came and checked on me to see if I needed anything several times on Thursday and said I was doing well.

On Friday morning the nurses came and took out my catheter, epidural, and IV. They brought breakfast I showered and got dressed. Then Dr. Levi came in and looked at my surgery site he showed me that he did not have to put any stitches in the skin so I don't have to remove any stitches after I get home and that the surgery site looked good. He told me that I needed to take it easy when I got home and not do to much. He gave me some antibiotics to take home with me to take every 8 hours. The nurse came back in and bandaged me up. Then the shuttle came and picked us up about 10am. We got to the border and got through without any problem no search or anything just showed them our passports and asked why we were there. We got to the airport at 1130am. Our flight left at 315pm so we got a wheel chair and something to eat and hung out until the plane got there.

I suggest using Tylenol PM for pain when you leave the hospital. I had some Lortab that I used and it worked well made traveling a lot easier. And all so use a wheel chair when ever you can. We boarded the plane then flew home with out any problem. I got home about 10pm. I am sore today but the Tylenol seems to be taking care of it. No problems so far.

The staff at Rio Bravo and the doctors were very kind and it was a good experience. I am glad I choose Dr. Perez. I don't have any complaints. They took very good care of me I would use them again in a heart beat.

Now I have to wait 2 months to heal then it is on TTC. Can't wait. I am so happy and glad that it is done. Couldn't be happier right now.


Toby Luke


back to stories