Teresa & George Velasquez

Stats Story Photos


Surgery Date




Tube lengths L4 R4
Pregnancy 1  
Pregnancy 2  
Pregnancy 3  
HSG 7/8/09 both open
Age 34


Jul 2009

I'm so happy to share my news! It's been almost 4 months since my surgery, and we were finally able to have my HSG done on Wednesday July 8, 2009. I was so nervous, I mean... according to my doctor... this was the moment of truth. This was going to tell us if my surgery was successful, and if my tubes were actually open. I was a little nervous in the beginning because I saw the ink going lightly into the right tube and not the other, and I began to panic, thinking... Oh no, only one side is open! But the doctor doing the procedure, said... don't panic let's turn to the right a little and as I did the ink got darker on the right side but nothing to the left. Then he turned me to the left and the ink starting lightly flowing through tube and then it got darker and darker!! BOTH TUBES ARE OPEN!! The doctor doing my procedure said that Dr. Perez and Dr. Levi did an amazing job and that everything looked great!!

Thank you Rio Bravo... God willing my next post will be to announce that we're PREGNANT!!

Apr 2009

My husband and I had been researching and saving for years it seems like, when we ran across the Rio Bravo Reversal website. It seems like such a blessing to found it. This is my second marriage. I have a 15 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son, but my husband doesn't have any children of his own. There hasn't been day I didn't regret tying my tubes, I was young and in a bad marriage. All I knew is that I didn't want to have any more children with my husband at the time, and I never thought about what would happen if I got remarried, or if I even wanted to get remarried, but as God would have it, he sent me a wonderful husband! We are from the Houston area so we drove to McAllen on March 14, 2008 the shuttle came and got us around 8pm and took us to the hospital. I was so nervous. I couldn't believe that the time had finally come. My husband was a little more than nervous he had never been to Mexico before. But in the morning when the nurses came in and started the IV we knew there was no turning back... this was it!

I was still feeling a little worried, but when the doctor came in, all my doubts subsided. I knew I was in good hands. The nurse came in and got me ready and off I went to surgery on March 15th at 10am. When I actually got into the surgery room, I began to panic, I started crying and I didn't know where my husband was. The anesthesiologist held my hand, and said my husband was getting into scrubs and for me not to worry, I was going to be fine, he asked if I'd like extra medication to help me sleep along with the epidural and I said yes, that was it for me... I woke up once and my husband was next to me flashing away with the camera and I said, is everything ok, and he kissed me and said you're fine, they're already finishing up. After surgery I was pretty medicated but the next day was the worst for me, the doctor came in and said I needed to get up and walk around a little and take a shower. The hard part was getting up, once I was up I was fine.

The drive home wasn't bad at all, we stopped so I could get out and walk every 2 hours and after each walk I fell back asleep. The first week at home was hard, but it got easier and easier to move around. It's been four weeks since my surgery and I feel great, my body is finally starting to get back to normal and my clothes is starting to fit again. We have 4 more weeks before we can start trying, and we are EXCITED!! I will definitely keep you guys posted as to when I get pregnant!

Thank you so much for giving my husband and I the chance to add another member to our family!

God Bless all of you!


back to stories